3/09/2021

Die Cut Baby Card

My card today is for the sketch challenge this week at CAS Colours & Sketches.  When I saw the sketch I immediately thought of this die.

 

I cut the bear and moon from white cardstock and colored the bear with Distress Oxide inks.  I cut down the moon and used it as a stencil/mask to create the blue sky.  I knew where I wanted the moon, so I found that was the easiest way to know where I should place the sky.  Then I cut the moon from a pearlized paper to give it some shimmer.  Because the "stencil/mask" was smaller than the moon I just glued it over the uninked spot.

For some visual interest I used a scalloped rectangle for the top layer and embossed the bottom layer. 

Products used:

  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn Little Bundle
  • Dies: Cottage Cutz Bear on Cloud and Moon, TSOL Scalloped Rectangles
  • Inks: Distress Oxide Victorian Velvet, Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature


6 comments:

  1. This is just so precious!!! love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable baby bear with her little pom pom tail Jeanne! I love the soft inking around the moon to represent the sky. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne your sweet baby bear is just adorable - so chubby and cute with her pink bow. Love the sponged sky behind the pearly moon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very sweet! I think I need that stamp:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet baby card!!! Absolutely cute!!!

    ReplyDelete