3/03/2021

Hello Spring!

I have a quick card today for the sketch challenge this week at Splitcoaststampers.  This adorable bunny is all die cut and features a die from the new release at Cottage Cutz.

This card is very simple to create.  I started with a sketch from Splitcoaststampers.



I decided to use a ribbon for the horizontal stripe across the top.  Tying that bow was the most difficult part of the card for me!  LOL!  (Confession - I'm not good at tying bows.)

I had some decisions to make with the sentiment.  The purple that matched my ribbon seemed too dark and the white was a bit light and blended in too much with the background.  I decided to stack them.  I used two layers of the purple below the white.

That gave just enough "shadow" to make the sentiment visible but not overpowering.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today.  It was quick to put together (other than that bow!) and the bunny is adorable and so ready for spring.  It made me happy to create something so "sunny".

Products used:

  • Dies: Cottage Cutz Bunny with Butterfly, Hello Spring Bloom, Stitched Rectangles
  • Cardstock and paper: TSOL Kiwi and patterned paper.  Scraps
  • Ribbon: Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grape

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment