9/29/2022

Scary On

I'm the hostess this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenge and I hope I have a fun board for you.  I'm finally in the mood for fall and Halloween cards!  Okay - I'm ALWAYS in the mood for Halloween cards, but not fall cards.  So it's up to you which way you wan to play this board.  I chose Embossing, Spooky and Ink Blending.


 

I actually had no idea what I was going to do when I created the board but thought it might be Halloween.  Then I thought about making this card for something else and realized it was perfect for this challenge!

I heat embossed the kids first using a black super fine detail embossing powder.  I like this powder because I really do see a difference when compared with regular embossing powder.

I used the first of the Layered Full Moon Stencils for my moon.  The set comes with four layers to give you a very detailed and realistic full moon.  However I needed to get this done and realized I'd probably want to play around with colors to get that just right....so I kept it simple and used just number 1.

The stencil also comes with a mask so you can mask off your moon and do the rest of the sky. I also created a mask from cardstock for my Hills & Drifts stencil since I also need the negative.

When all was blended I used a soft cloth and a damp Q-Tip to clean off my embossed trick-or-treaters.  With just a bit of planning this is a simple card to create.

Products used:

  • Stamps / dies: Stampin' Up! Scary Cute and Scary Silhouettes (Scary Cute Bundle)
  • Ink: Versamark, Distress Oxides - Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Milled Lavender, Wilted Violet, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Forest Moss
  • Stencils: Spellbinders Layered Full Moon, MFT Drifts and Hills
  • Accessories: Ranger Embossing Powder Super Fine Detail Black, Stampin' Up! Gingham Ribbon and self adhesive stars (retired)

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

1 comment: