9/15/2022

Happy Day with Lawn Fawn

This week's challenge from Team O at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge has lots of fun opportunities for fall and Halloween themed cards.  I decided to go with the left hand column down and use a new (to me) pumpkin die from Lawn Fawn.

 

I coupled the pumpkin with some of Lawn Fawn's mice.  They just say "JOY" to me whenever I look at them.  These two are clearly having fun on the pumpkin.

To make the card I die cut  the pumpkin first and shaded it with some Distress Oxide inks.  The mice are colored with Copic markers.  The background seemed fairly pain, so I searched my embossing folders and found this one of falling leaves.  I think I would have preferred an all over design as many of the leaves are lost behind the pumpkin, but we go with what we have!

I toyed with making my pumpkin plaid to get that element in, but ended up doing just the banner.  I may try this with a plaid pumpkin.  Keep an eye out!

This is also for the Can You Handle the Pressure challenge to use embossing folders!

Products used:

  • Dies: Lawn Fawn Pumpkin House, Fall Tiny Tags
  • Stamps / Dies: Lawn Fawn You Autumn Know
  • Cardstock / Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, a mystery blue from my scraps, Pink & Main
  • Inks / Coloring: Distress Oxide Vintage Photo & Ground Espresso; Copic Markers W00, W0, W1, W3
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Leaf Fall 3D embossing folder

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature


1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! The inking on the pumpkin is a nice tough, and I love that little plaid banner. The EF is perfect. I think the leaves that you can see look wonderful in your overall design. Thanks
    so much for playing with us at Can You Handle The Pressure?.

    ReplyDelete