9/27/2022

Double Challenge Tuesday - Too Cute to Spook

Today is a double challenge day - one for the sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches and the other for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.    My cards this week will also start off one of my favorite card making themes - Halloween!  Some people are Christmas card people or Valentine's Day.  For me - it's Halloween!  And I don't really send many Halloween cards.  I just like making them.

 

I will admit right up front I messed up a bit with the sketch.  After making the card I realized that the sentiment should have gone in the center.  That's what I get for not having the sketch right out in front of me when I made the card.  

The colors are a bit non-traditional for Halloween but I do like them - Pale Papaya, Soft Suede and Pear Pizzazz.  I like the softness of them with the very delicate look of these stamps.

This is a new set from Ellen Hutson.  This cute little ghost can be dressed up in various costumes but I left him as is for this scene.  Although it looks simple there was quite a bit of masking involved to get it all on one layer without die cutting.

To color, I used blender pens with the markers on an acrylic block.

Be sure to come back Thursday for another Halloween card!  And next month I'll have a new one every Friday (and possibly more for the weekly challenges - I'm challenging myself to make as many as I can!)

Products used:

  • Stamps: Ellen Hutson - Essentials by Ellen Spooktacular by Julie Ebersole and Ghost Costumes by Julie Ebersole
  • Dies: very old inside out circle dies (I think by The Stamps of Life)
  • Ink / Markers:  MFT Hybrid Black Licorice, Stampin' Write Markers - Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz and Pale Papaya

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

4 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE!!! That little spooky ghost is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that?! Love the little scene and the bats around it! Great Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - that ghost most definitely is too cute to spook and those bats are perfectly placed. Way to go Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is definitely the cutest Halloween card, I've ever seen, Jeanne. Love it

    ReplyDelete