6/06/2022

Full of Love Color Challenge

Happy Monday evening!  My card is for LeAnn's color challenge at Splitcoaststampers. She decided on three of the brand new In-Colors - Starry Sky, Orchid Oasis and Sweet Sorbet. For dessert is any DSP.  I hope that means you can have one with other colors because I sure did!

I colored my image on Basic White cardstock using the markers on an acrylic block and a blender pen.  I love this technique for light and small area water coloring.  When using the blender pens you need to use either the Basic White Thick or Shimmery cardstock as they will hold up under the water in the pen.  The Shimmery cardstock is a bit off white so if I am going to layer the card as I did here, I'll use the Basic White Thick so it matches the rest of the card.

The challenge rules allow for neutrals and since Mossy Meadow is one of them I used that for my green.  Had it not been a color challenge I would have thrown in a few more colors with my flowers (most notably yellow).  I'm sure I will be using this set more as I've already used it twice and only had it a few weeks.  See my first card here.

The other thing I love about this set is that it coordinates so well with Flowers of Friendship.  This set is from last year's catalog but has been carried over to this year.  And bonus - there is also a coordinating punch!  I used the largest flower here to give a bit of dimension to the card.

We have fun colors this week - I hope you will join us!

Products used:  All products Stampin' Up!

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment