5/03/2022

Double Color Challenge Tuesday

I have two cards today for two different color challenges,  I actually made my second one first and then I sort of cheated on the second - I used a very similar layout.  I was pressed for time this weekend.  I am in the process of moving my craft area (in our den) to my daughter's old room.  YAY!  It was supposed to be my craft studio when we moved into our house ten years ago.  But about six months after we moved in my daughter came home for a few "weeks" and stayed for almost nine years!  She has her own place now and I've started the process of boxing up what she left, cleaning and painting the room and then moving my stuff in.  Lots to do!

Now on to my cards.  This one is for CAS Colours & Sketches.  Shannon is our hostess this month and she gave us Pale Papaya, Calypso Coral and Soft Suede.  At first I was a bit hesitant with this combo but I really like it!  I used my Stamparatus to stamp the inside of the flowers in the papaya and then used a sponge to just dab part of the flower with the coral and stamp again.  The outline of the flower and the sentiment are in suede.  I didn't have a paper for underneath the scalloped edge but I did find old ribbon in the coral.  Since it had some depth to it I raised the main panel up from the card base using foam strips.

My second card (made first) uses the Sweet Songbird bundle that is brand new TODAY at Stampin' Up!  Barbara's colors are Magenta Madness, Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy.

I had a slightly different look in mind for this card but I realized the navy was just too dark for the bird so I had to change things up a bit.  I'm pleased with it but would like to try my original idea with a lighter blue.

I hope you'll find time to visit the challenges and perhaps even join in!

Products used: All Stampin' Up!

Card 1:

Card 2:

 

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Love both of these Jeanne but the first one especially - I don't use this set enough! Way to go with the ribbon border - that is truly inspired and so clever! Good luck with the craft room move - I break out in hives at the thought of ever having to pack mine up and move it, but it sounds like your relocation will be totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fantastic. Of course the first one is the card of choice for me. Love your coloring technique for the flowers - and the ribbon is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this little guy in his next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both so lovely!! I especially love the first one, you colored the flowers beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sketchy flower is absolutely gorgeous, Jeanne! And what an artsy coloring!

    ReplyDelete