5/26/2022

Soaring Swallows Thank You

Today's card is for the new Team O challenge at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  I chose the left column - sun, birds and thank you.  It's a bit more involved than my other cards this week which were pretty straightforward.  And unlike most of my cards where I plan things out before starting to create, I started on this one with no plan in mind.


 

I was originally going to use a stencil for my sun but decided to try the new Rays of Light stamp from Stampin' Up!.  I stamped the rays in So Saffron ink and then filled in the white area by using a blending brush and the same color ink (So Saffron).  I like the way the image came out; it was similar to a stencil but the stamp has a weathered, mixed media quality.

I did not want the sun to be the dominant image on the card so I cut a window to let it peek through.  I used an embossing folder to give the main panel a bit of texture.  The birds are the die cut birds from the Swallows die set (dies are also included in the set that cut out stamped images) and shaded using just a hint of Smoky Slate while the flowers are shaded with Blushing Bride.

I hope you'll visit the challenge this week and join us.  It's great fun to challenge yourself using the elements you choose - no excuse if you don't like the result!  LOL!

Products used: All Stampin' Up!

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet, pretty card! Love how that sun turned out!! The birds add great color to the scene too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne... this is absolutely fabulous card! So unique...just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful...perfect take on this challenge :) !!!

    ReplyDelete