5/30/2022

Sending Big Hugs with Lawn Fawn

Good evening!  I have a card for the color challenge at Splicoaststampers that I made for my youngest daughter.  She had a rough week at work last week so I thought she could use a hug.  I hope this easel card will remind her that she can always count on mom!

 
Karen chose Coastal  Cabana, Granny Apple Green and Mango Melody for the color challenge.

I had just received my rather large order from Lawn Fawn and decided that this large sentiment die could be used with any color combo.  I was unsure how to work in the Mango Melody so I used it in conjunction with Cinnamon Cider Stampin' Blends to come up with the brown for the fox.  Neutrals are allowed in the challenge.  And if technically the Cinnamon isn't a neutral then I'll use that for my dessert - Karen gave us "anything goes" for our dessert option!  It's like cheating with permission!

I was very excited to get this order.  I love all things Stampin' Up and I am a demo, but Lawn Fawn is one company whose designs really appeal to me.  I love all things cute and these are definitely cute and fun to color too!  Most of their images are not large so coloring goes quickly and gives good results.  When I want to color something intricate I usually turn to Stampin Bella.

I ink blended the background then cut the sentiment.  To inlay the sentiment back into the card, I cut it again from Coastal Cabana cardstock.  I glued the main blended panel down to the card front and added the Coastal Cabana sentiment.  Then I glued down all the small inside pieces.  From there I stacked three more sentiments cut from the CC and topped it with my blended sentiment.  It wasn't difficult but it was time consuming!

Products used: 

  • Stamps / dies: Lawn Fawn Happy Hugs
  • Dies: Lawn Fawn Sending Big Hugs, Stampin' Up! Stitched Rectangles
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends - Mango Melody Dark, Cinnamon Cider Light & Dark; Copics - R11, N0, N1, W0, W1, W2, W4
  • Accessories: retired enamel shapes

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment