5/10/2022

Another Double Challenge Tuesday

My card today is for two challenges - the Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers and the Sketch Challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.

The colors this week are Soft Sea Foam, Garden Green and Soft Suede with "animal" for dessert (I just realized that sounds a little carnivorous - LOL!)  I had never used the Nuts About Squirrels stamp set before despite having it for awhile, so out it came to fulfill the animal requirement!

I thought two greens with a squirrel was perfect because of the trees.  For my leaves I masked off the squirrel and stamped the leaves with Sea Foam and the veins in Garden Green.  I also used a couple of neutrals - Crumb Cake and Early Espresso for the acorn although you don't see that much difference in the photo.

I used one of the new Stylish Shapes dies to cut the square and then my paper cutter to cut a Sea Foam square just a shade larger. Originally I wanted to emboss the stripe panel but just couldn't find the right embossing folder so I used some older textured ribbon instead.  I have SO MUCH ribbon that I really need to start using it more in any way that I can!

I hope you will find time to join us in one or both challenges this week.

Products used: All products are Stampin' Up!

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature


3 comments:

  1. Those colors works quite perfectly with the cutest furry critter ever. Love the linen thread behind him, somehow that just totally relates to the habits of squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sketch is the perfect way to showcase your sweet squirrel Jeanne! I'm totally worn you on the ribbon front - I always buy way more than I ever use lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is super sweet, Jeanne! This squirrel is so cute.. I love the linen ribbon for the vertical strip, this is so classy.

    ReplyDelete