5/17/2022

Double Challenge Tuesday and New Toys!

Happy Tuesday!  I have two cards today for two color challenges at Splitcoaststampers and CAS Colours & Sketches.  And the best part - I used new stamps and dies!  YAY!  I love using things that I receive right away.  It makes me fell like I really got something for my money.  Don't get me wrong, I also like using my favorites; and there is immense satisfaction in using something long ago purchased but never used.  But when using brand new stuff I feel like a kid opening their birthday presents!

 

My first card is for Splitcoaststampers.  Fresh Freesia, Polished Pink and Evening Evergreen - a beautiful combination perfect for a floral.  Full of Love is a new stamp from Stampin' Up! that is perfect for colorists.  I used Stampin' Blends (filled in with a few Copic markers).  Mary, the hostess gave us the option of vellum for dessert which I thought added to the feminine feel of the card.  I also used the new Designer Tags dies for the main tag and it includes the little leaves I used with vellum.  I'm not much of a tag person, but these really spoke to me and allowed me to add ribbon!  From my last few posts you may have noticed I'm trying to actually use, rather than collect, ribbon.  LOL!

 

My next card is for CAS Colours & Sketches.  I love the colors Shannon gave us; Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay are two of my favorites.  That said I had a bit of a time deciding what to do.  This new stamp and die bundle - Season of Chic - really caught my eye for it's mixed media look and possibilities.  The shells seemed perfect for the colors.  So the challenge for me here was to make a clean and simple card with it.  I can't wait to start using it in more layered and  complex ways.  For the tag, I used the small tag from the Mini Pocket Envelope Die (a set perfect for gift cards!) and part of a sentiment from Art Gallery.  To get just the word I wanted, I used a marker to ink only that word.  This is so much easier than trying to use a stamp pad and masking.

Both challenges this week offer wonderful colors.  I hope you will join us!

Products used:  All Stampin' Up! (except Copic markers)

Card 1:

Card 2:

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature


4 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Jeanne and you are adding to my wishlist as I read!! I love those shells and this wasn't a set that appealed to me and am totally hooked on the tag detail of your first card- what a great way to use up ribbon too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those seashells are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two cards are absolutely gorgeous, Jeanne. I love these seashells and the lovely grid texture you added on the background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats it - I liked this beautiful bundle but was on the fence about adding it to my stash. You have toppled the wall - it is now in my cart! Beautiful card, Love it

    ReplyDelete