4/30/2019

Two Challenge Tuesday

I find it really amazing that when there are two color challenges on the same day on two different websites with two different hostesses they will pick very similar colors.  This week at CAS Colours & Sketches the colors are Peek-A-Boo Peach, Soft Sky and Strawberry Slush.  (It's also the fifth Tuesday in April so it's a double challenge with a sketch.)
 The challenge:
I had actually created the cloudy sky last week for something else then realized I had done it in the wrong orientation and it wasn't wide enough.  I kept the panel and it turns out it was perfect for this sketch.

I die cut the butterfly in white and colored it with the ink using sponge daubers.  I like doing this when I want to have some shading on die cuts.  I colored the body with Smoky Slate - I thought black was a bit too dark for the rest of the colors.  Then I went over it with Wink of Stella.  Finally, I chose a sentiment that was generic enough to allow me to finish the inside of the card for one of many purposes - birthday, thank you, Mother's Day.  I'm trying to actually USE more of the cards that I make.  Birthdays and thank yous are my two biggest reasons to make cards.
My next card is for Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge.  Barbara chose Calypso Coral, Peek-A-Boo Peach and Old Olive.  Colors just made for a floral card.  I have a friend who is going through some rough times right now and this sentiment is one of my all-time favorites for saying "thinking of you".  It says more than just that but is not too sappy.  It says exactly what I want to say - hugs and love.  This set has several great sentiments and is retiring at the end of May.
I used Stampin' Write markers in peach and coral on an acrylic block and blender pens to color the floral image.  Then I used the "water color wash" stamp for the wash in the background.  I usually like to create my own background, but since it was going to be mostly covered up I used the stamp.  I tapped the stamp on the peach ink pad and then used a sponge dauber to add the coral to the edges.
I added a die cut leaf spray and some baker's twine behind the popped up floral panel.  This die set is one of my favorite dies and is also retiring at the end of May.  So sorry to see these stamps and die go, but I will keep them to use for quite awhile.

Card 1
Stamps: MFT Essential Sentiments
Dies: Cottage Cutz Butterflies, Cottage Cutz Stitched Ovals, Ellen Hutson Stitched Edges

Card 2
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Love What You Do, sentiment - Stampin' Up!Ribbon of Courage (retiring)
Die: Stampin' Up! Petals and More (retiring)

Inks and markers: Stampin' Up!

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations, Jeanne! Love how you colored the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful, Jeanne! Love the stripe border and soft clouds on the card for CC&S. And the little details on your SCS card are perfect.

    ReplyDelete