4/09/2019

Another Two Challenge Tuesday

Hi everyone - I've got two challenges today but only one card!  CAS Colour & Sketches has a sketch challenge and I'm the hostess for Splitcoast Stampers color challenge.  I've been pretty busy trying to get taxes finished and I'm heading out for On-stage in San Antonio on Friday.  So one card doing double duty was almost a necessity!
Here is the sketch:
https://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2019/04/challenge-316-sketch.html
The colors are Grapefruit Grove, Daffodil Delight and one of my personal favorites, Berry Burst.  Since this 2017-2019 In-Color will be retiring this year I had to use it one more time!

The card is fairly straightforward to create.  I stacked the die cuts so that I have a "shadow" of Grapefruit Grove under the word thanks.  To get the angled panel I simply die cut a stitched rectangle, placed it on my card at the angle and then trimmed off the excess.

The butterfly looks a little washed out because my Wink of Stella sort of blobbed on it.  I spread it around but it's pretty thick.  Makes for a lot of sparkle in person but not good for photos - sorry!
This butterfly set is one that has been extremely popular with Stampin' Up! and now that I've used it I can see why.  It's easy to create some lovely cards with it!

Stamps/punch:  Butterfly Gala
Stamps (background): Beauty Abounds (also available as a stamp/die bundle)
Ink: Grapefruit Grove, Daffodil Delight, Berry Burst
Accessories: Rhinestones, silver thread, Frosted flowers embellishments, stitched rectangles dies, simple stripes embossing folder

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the butterfly. It's so beautiful and makes me think of Orange Oakleaf butterfles. And the background with scored lines is awesome.

    ReplyDelete