4/12/2019

Bunny Medallion - Using Stacked Die Cuts

Happy Friday!  Today's card is easy to create and is perfect for a last minute card.  I love this little bunny die - it reminds me of the adorable cottontails that are in my yard right now! (And eating my grass I might add. LOL)
 It also uses a technique that I like which gives subtle color and added dimension - stacking dies cuts.

I started by cutting three ovals in purple and one in white, stacking and gluing them all together with the white on top.  Next I cut three of the Spring Egg Scene bunnies in white and stacked those together.  I glued this to the top of the ovals to create a medallion.
I find this technique gives just a hint of color around the edges and mimics the look of an embossed design.  It is prefect for dies such as this silhouetted bunny.

In order to create a bit more interest and give just a little more color  to the card, I used a splatter stamp behind the medallion along with some silver thread, white foliage and sequins.
This technique gives a very clean and simple look, which is one of my favorite styles!

Dies: All Cottage Cutz - Spring Egg Scene, Spring Teacup Bouquet, Stitched Ovals, Blessing Phrase

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment