4/16/2019

Two Challenge Tuesday a Little Late

I'm posting a bit late today but I am making it on Tuesday so I hope that counts for something.  Lot's of things going on right now so I'm a bit tardy with this post.  I did have my cards finished this weekend just no time to photograph or write up a post.

My first card is for CAS Colours & Sketches.  Wei picked some fun, primary colors this week!  The blue is actually brighter than shown here.  It looks navy here but it is not.  Much brighter in person - more like the little guy's pants!
I've had this stamp about a year now and never used it but I thought these colors - Real Red, Blueberry Bushel and Crushed Curry were perfect for the image.  I played with making the umbrella a solid color but that was too much color, so I paper pieced a patterned paper.  Finding one small enough and in the right color to look appropriate was a challenge in and of itself but I managed to dig up some old Valentine's themed paper.  Stamped, shaded and fussy cut out - and it worked!
My next card is for the color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers - Very Vanilla, Lovely Lipstick and Mint Macaron with dessert being Roses.  This obviously called for something very different than the first card.  I have a friend whose birthday is April 15 so I decided to make a shaker card for her.
She always loves my cards and if there are "bells and whistles" so much the better!  The shaker is made by stacking the die cut frames instead of using foam.  This keeps the shaker elements from sticking.  It doesn't work for every shaker card but it did for this one.
I also used a trick I learned from watching Jennifer McGuire.  I glued a few of the sequins and rhinestones to the back of the shaker portion.  This way the  elements don't all fall to the bottom.  Some get caught and they shake a bit more evenly.

Stamps and dies card 1: MFT Puddle Jumper and Rain or Shine
Dies card 2: Cottage Cutz Spring Window w/Vine, Little Princess and Roses, Stitched Wide Rectangle Frames

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Cute way to use the colours! Love the embossed background and the adorable boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embossed hearts in the background, fabulous touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute!! I love the embossed background and the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I kniow where can I bouy the embosing folder?

    ReplyDelete