4/19/2019

Magical Card-in-a-Box

Happy Friday!  Today's card is a 3-D card-in-a-box.  I love these kind of cards. They are so special to make and give.  Finding the pieces to fit in the box is a lot of fun and can really make you think creatively.
This card features dies from Cottage Cutz' Magical Fantasy release.  Playing with the Princess die brought  back memories of playing with paper dolls when I was little.  The die has three different dresses, three hairstyles, a cape and accessories.  Hard to choose what to do!
 
To start the card I used a brick stencil and Distress Oxide Hickory Smoke ink on gray card stock to pattern it so it looked like stone.  I did not use a die to cut the box since this has special dimensions.  It still folds flat to A2 size but the flaps are a bit longer than normal (and the bottom portion a bit shorter) because I needed to accommodate the height of  the Princess.  After the box was made it was just a matter of filling it.
I used a window die and stenciled some clouds behind it then added the trellis with flowers.  I found a little bunny that I had cut last year but never used and decided he was the perfect size for the scene.  I love it when I find unexpected uses for items I've stashed.
It's hard to see in this photo but the unicorn's mane, tail and horn are covered in Wink of Stella.  The bluebirds are actually cut from an Easter die set and are chicks, but I colored them as bluebirds instead.  One is adhered to the back using a foam dot and the other is "flying" on a strip of acetate.

The word Magical is cut from a holographic foil card stock that changes color depending on the angle.  I used iridescent sequins that also change color and add a lot of sparkle!

I hope you like my special card today - I was so excited to make it.  I love 3-D and interactive cards!  They allow for so much creativity.  And this one was no exception.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend! I'll be the Easter bunny at my neighborhood party - always a fun time!

Dies: All Cottage Cutz - Princess Dress-Up, Sweet Unicorns, Magical Unicorn Dreams, Spring Window w/Vines, Spring Grass, Easter Bunny & Chicks, Somebunny Loves You
Distress Oxide Inks: Shaded Lilac, Shabby Shutters, Worn Lipstick, Mowed Lawn, Abandoned Coral, Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Tumbled Glass, Picked Raspberry, Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo, Bundle Sage, Walnut Stain, Tattered Rose Hickory Smoke

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment