4/06/2019

Humor Me

I normally don't post over the weekend but I just had today.  The clean and simple challenge this week at Splitcoast Stampers was to use humor on your card.  I have so many humor themed stamps that I've never used it's embarrassing.  In fact, I think I'm a collector of humorous stamps as opposed to being an actual user of humorous stamps.  So I thought I'd make a few cards.
This was my first card and pretty much sums up my relationship with our eight legged friends!  It didn't take long to create but is one of those cards where I had to make sure everything was lined up perfectly and absolutely clean or it would look bad.  The more clean and simple the card the more it had better be perfect!  No room for embellishment opportunities here.
I have several images that could have been used with this sentiment but thought this little bunny looked pretty silly in his cup and definitely like a rather benign ruler.
Finally this card uses two wooden stamps that were some of my first purchases in cardmaking and yet they have never seen ink!  I think with wooden stamps the need for stamping multiple times to get a really clean image was intimidating.  Now with stamping platforms that isn't the case.  So both these stamps (image and sentiment) spent a few seconds in the microwave and I unmounted them to use as cling stamps.  I colored "Helen" with Copics and added some washi tape for interest.

I hope you enjoyed these cards.  I'll be creating more in the future.  I have a lot of fun finding just the right image for sentiments like these!

Stamps: Judi-Kins Harold the Spider, Funny Bones by Riley, Inkainkado Caffeine, Inky Antics Helen, Inky Antics Be Somebody
Dies:  Cottage Cutz Teacup Bunny,  MFT Inside Out Stitched Circles

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Really great cards, love the spider one, I really can relate to that card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have unmounted a few of my old wooden stamps too, but find they do not stick to the positioner. Do you have any suggestions? So far I have been using a glue stick but find it to be rather messy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also use glue on the backs of stamps where I can remove the graphic sticker from the other side of the wood mount and put it on the foam. I use Tombow - just a tiny bit, spread it thin and then let it dry. It dries tacky. That said, many of my wood mount stamps have the graphic printed on the wood itself so there is nothing to put on the foam and rubber that I take off. I found clear vinyl cling sheets on Amazon and this works fairly well. (It's the stuff you can make window clings out of.) I adhere it to the foam with either a little Tombow or Tear 'n Tape. I hope this helps.

      Delete