1/31/2022

A Great Pair and A Purple Bird

LeAnn is our hostess this week for the color challenge at Splitcoastampers.  She gave us Gorgeous Grape, Smoky Slate and Crushed Curry with our favorite green for dessert.   I'm one of those people who can never declare a favorite color let alone a favorite shade of a particular color.  So I went with Pear Pizzazz because it plays nicely with the other colors this week.

I call green "Nature's neutral" because EVERY color looks great with some shade of green. For my argument I give you flowers - they come in every color and I challenge anyone to name me a flower that doesn't look beautiful with its green leaves!  Therefore, Nature made green her neutral.

I had fun with this card.  I pulled out a retired set, Animal Outing.  I've used this set numerous times and when I got it out I realized that a few years ago there were some bonus image stamps in a Paper Pumpkin kit!  One is a chameleon that I've never used but I have some ideas for him...

Since I needed to use grey I chose the rhino and bird stamp.  Birds, like flowers, are great for color challenges as they can be any color (unless of course they are a very distinct variety like a cardinal).  I figured this cartoon bird could be whatever color I need him to be - purple and yellow today.

I hope you will find time to join us this week at Splitcoaststampers!

Products used: (all products Stampin' Up! except for markers)

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment