1/30/2022

Warm Valentine Wishes

My card today is for two challenges - The Card Concept and Watercooler Wednesday.

The Card Concept has the photo prompt below and Watercooler Wednesday's current challenge is "Occasions".  My inspiration from the photo was the Nordic / winter look and the coziness of a hot cup of coffee.  Although the colors reminded me of Christmas I decided they would work for Valentine's Day - my chosen occasion.  I usually don't think of Valentine's as a "winter" holiday since I live in Southern California, but much of the country is covered in snow in February.  I'm sure people in those parts think it's a winter holiday!  My card style here is clean and layered.

I colored the image with Copic markers and used a sweater inspired embossing folder in the background.  I was too lazy to look for "warm" and "wishes" stamps so I used my label maker.  I had intended to heat emboss them in white on black anyway so using the label maker worked out fine.  The medallion with the pig is popped up using three circles of red cardstock.

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Joyful Life
  • Embossing Folder: Stampin' Up! Winter Knit
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends Neutrals (coming soon!) - 1000, 900, 800; Copics - E000, N0, G29, R24, R7, BG000

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment