7/20/2021

Two Color Challenges and One Layout

I have two cards that maximized my time for two color challenges.  If you're like me you sometimes run short of time.  Designing and planning a card often take up most of my time in cardmaking.  Both of these challenges had two greens and another color which made them perfect for foliage based cards!

I knew immediately I wanted to use the Plentiful Plants Bundle from Stampin' Up! for the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge.  Houseplant stamps seem to be trending right now and this set is super cute.  My favorite is the planet hanger die (which I did not end up using on this card.) 

As I was designing the card I realized that the Season's Blessings Bundle is very similar in theme and scale and would be perfect for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge which has Christmas in July as its theme.  I could design one card and just swap out the plants, colors and sentiments.

 

I used two different embossing folders on the base and popped up the smooth rectangles using foam tape.  A sentiment from Season's Blessings is on the Plentiful Plants card and one from Words of Cheer is on the Season's Blessing card.  All these sets coordinate beautifully.

Products used: All Stampin' Up!

  • Stamps and Dies: Season's Blessings Bundle, Plentiful Plants Bundle
  • Stamps: Words of Cheer (available August 3)
  • Ink: Mint Macaron, Evening Evergreen, Rococo Rose, Bumblebee, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green
  • Embossing Folder: Macrame 3D, Wood Planks (available August 3)

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

5 comments:

  1. We both went with plants. LOL! Love the textured background and green sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Love how you used the same "sketch" to make two different cards :) They're both so soft and pretty. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Jeanne - a double-duty design that looks great with both plants. So fresh and modern too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so awesome. Simple but beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! Love the designs on both of them.

    ReplyDelete