7/14/2021

Life's a Beach

I loved this sandcastle stamp set from The Stamps of Life as soon as I saw it.  For one it is different.  I know of no other sandcastle set.  And it coordinates so well with other beach themed dies.  I decided to use it for the sketch challenge this week at Splitcoaststampers, which was to make a bridge fold card.

You know I love 3D cards, so this was right up my alley.  I started to think about how I could make this type of fold a beach and just ran with it.

I stenciled the sky and waves using Distress Oxide ink.  The sand is die cut from  a neutral cardstock, then edged with TSOL Gingersnap ink and given some texture with Copics.

The castle and other pieces were colored with mostly Copic markers.  At first I was unsure of how to color the sand but it was super easy.  You can see that it is mostly swirls of various colors with dots of the two darkest markers.  The hardest part is lightly making the dots; it's so easy to get heavy handed when dotting something.

This was so fun to make and I'm keeping this one.  I'm setting it out in my entry as a decoration.  I often do this with my box cards.  They take a lot of time so they are always very personal either to me or the recipient.

Products used:

  • Stamps: The Stamps of Life Sandcastle2stamp, Moresand2stamp, Sayings4sandcastles
  • Dies: TSOL to match above, Party Suns Die
  • Inks: Distress Oxide Tmbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Vintage Photo
  • Markers: Copics: sand - E40, E41, E42, E43, E44; Pail and flag - R21, R22, R24, R27, R29; Shells - E41, E42, R21, B60, B63; Spectrum Noir Tri-Blends: Shovel and Flags - True Blue Blends
  • Stencils: MFT Making Waves, Lawn Fawn Slimline Cloudy Stencils

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment