7/27/2021

Poinsettia for July

My card today does double duty for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers and the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.  Since the colors are Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce and gold, I knew a poinsettia would be perfect.


 

This stamp and die set from last year's Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog is one of my favorites.  I'm happy I kept mine and have no intention of getting rid of it. 

I love how this tropical flower has come to be associated with Christmas.  Growing up in Southern California you could grow these outside.  We would get one or two every Christmas and my father would plant them against the back fence.  After a few years we had a pretty, green hedge on our fence most of the year and then it would be become this beautiful explosion of red and green! 

On this card I edged the flowers and leaves in Cherry Cobbler ink; it's a bit hard to see here.  To make sure it was CAS, I did not use a sentiment on the front.

I hope you will find time to join us in one or both challenges this week!

Products used:

Dies: Stampun' Up! Poinsettia

Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce, Basic White

Ink: Cherry Cobbler

Accessories: Washi tape, Gold glitter Dots

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Such an elegant holiday card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne this is beautiful! I would love to see these growing as your garden hedge - I bet it was a festive visual feast of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Joanne, I am now intrigued by the idea of a poinsettia hedge - certainly not possible in the UK! I love the gold stripes and centre of the poinsettia and the gorgeous festive colours. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful holiday card!! Love the poinsettia and the gold stripes are just perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete