7/05/2021

Christmas in July

The Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers this month is celebrating Christmas in July!  I do love getting a head start on my Christmas cards, although I realize that compared to some I'm already way behind!  And I confess that one year everyone got a different card.  I just divvied up my design team sample cards.

Barbara gave us some great "retro" colors - at least they're retro to me.  Certainly non-traditional colors for the season.  When I saw the colors I knew I'd use these two stamp sets.  I bought them several years ago (2017) with the intention of using them as I have here; this particular sentiment with this image.  It's taken me four years but I finally made my card!

And the colors are perfect for it!  I color matched the colors (Polished Pink and Coastal Cabana) with Copic markers.  Silver is the third color so I used silver embossing powder.

I hope you'll find time to join us this month.  Even if you don't make a card please visit the gallery to see all the early bird Christmas cards and get some inspiration!

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Add a Little Glitz, Christmas in the Making
  • Dies: Stampin' Up! Stitched Rectangles
  • Copic markers: E11, E50, E51, E35, E27, E29, BG10, BG11, BG13, RV10, RV11, RV13, RV14
  • Accessories:  Queen & Co washi tape, rhinestones

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

1 comment: