8/31/2020

Fabulous Darling Die Cut Card

The colors this week for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge are perfect for this die.  I'm not sure why I purchased it - I think because it somehow reminded me of Frida Kahlo.  

The die itself is both easy and tedious to work with.  I didn't have a light brown cardstock for the lines so I inked white cardstock with DO Vintage Photo ink and cut out the pieces.  Because they are so fine I thought this easier than trying to color every piece.  I also used a self-adhesive sheet on the back. Her face is shaded with DO Antique Linen and SU Rococo Rose.  To get some shading on the flowers and her lips I used the matching ink to the cardstock. 

The flowers on the card were a bit tedious.  I cut a lot (too many) and assembled them, leaving off the centers.  I started attaching them across her forehead by just attaching them a bit in the center back, so I could tuck other flowers and leaves underneath until it looked full. Then I went back with a fine tip glue and securely glued them. There is actually a purple flower underneath that you can't even see!

On something like this where placement of the front items is crucial, it is easier for me to glue this way (items on top first) rather than starting with the back.  Starting in the back may mean I have to adjust the front and since this is a face there isn't much room for error without her looking odd.

The last thing I did was add the gem centers to the flowers.

The colors this week are Highland Heather, Pear Pizzazz and Rococo Rose.  I hope you will find time to join us!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Stitched All Around (retired)
  • Dies: Spellbinders Tallulah, SU retired frames
  • Ink: Versafine Black, Rococo Rose, Highland Heather, DO Antique Linen, DO Vintage Photo
  • Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Rococo Rose, Highland Heather, Very Vanilla, White, Subtles DSP (retired)
  • Accessories: SU Elegant Faceted Gems

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment