8/14/2020

Beautiful Friendship

I had to share this card using news dies from the Tropical collection at Cottage Cutz.  I LOVE this collection - hibiscus flowers are one of my favorites followed by plumeria.  Both are included!

 
This card was easy to create.  I wanted the flowers to be very organic and fluid so I decided to watercolor my cardstock that I would use to cut the flowers.

I took a piece of Mixed Media paper 6 x 11 and just started watercoloring with three analogous colors - a yellow orange, an orange and a bright pink.  This gave me the color palette I was looking for.

When gluing the flowers to the card, I started with the two main flowers and adhered just their centers.  In this way, I could tuck the leaves behind the flowers.  When everything was on the card, I added glue with my fine-tipped glue.
The small flower is popped up using foam dots.  Some of the leaves were overhanging the edges of the card and I trimmed those using scissors.
Finally, this card seemed to need a bit of sparkle.  I added a few sequins and used a shimmer pen on the small hibiscus flower in the front.
 
  • Dies: Cottage Cutz Hibiscus Flowers, Tropical Bouquet and Sloth 

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

1 comment: