8/07/2020

Aloha Friday!

Aloha!  Are you ready for the weekend?  I know I am.  One of the things I miss most in these social distancing/quarantine times is traveling.  I travel frequently to Hawaii on business and by August I've usually made two to three trips to Oahu.  This year - only one.

Cottage Cutz has just released some adorable Beach and Tropical dies.  Today's card features some of my favorite Hawaiian things - pineapple, Hawaiian music and umbrella drinks (make mine a Mai Tai!)
The card is actually quite easy to make but does involve some ink blending.  I wanted to make sure that there was a good variety in my browns and I tend to use the same colors all the time.  So before I undertook the coloring, I organized my Distress Oxide inks to see exactly what I had.  Previously they were all thrown in a drawer!

So....I cut all the pieces in white from the Aloha & Ukulele and the Tropical Fruit dies. Then I used blending brushes and colored them using these Distress Oxide inks:
It may seem like a lot but you'll notice there is overlap in the colors I used on the objects.  It really didn't take long and I love the color depth I got!

I created frames for my objects and adhered them to the front of the card.  Details on all the steps to create the card are on the Cottage Cutz blog today.
Have a great weekend and I'll see you Monday!

Dies: Cottage Cutz Aloha & Ukulele; Tropical Fruit; Stitched Wide Circle Frames
Stencil: MFT Mini Cloud Stencil
Ink: Distress Oxides - see photos

Mahalo for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment