8/11/2020

Bee Unique

Good morning!  It's Tuesday and a new sketch challenge at CAS Coulours and Sketches.  I went super literal on today's card for the sketch.

I used mixed media paper and stamped the background with Bumblebee ink and a hexagon background stamp; then used a paintbrush to watercolor the ink. I left it in my stamping platform when I did this and then restamped it in Cinnamon Cider ink.

The bees are stamped in Memento and colored with Copic markers/Stampin' Blends.  I probably should have made my unique bee a bit more different (I toyed with using blue or red) - I hope you can see that he's orange!  I used a hexagon die to cut them out.

Super easy to create!

  • Stamps: Honey Bee Stamps Busy Bees and Bee-You-Tiful Sentiments, MFT Hexagon background
  • Dies: Honey Cuts, MFT Hexagons
  • Markers: Daffodil Delight Light & Dark, So Saffron Light; Pumpkin Pie Light & Dark, YR01; BG0000, BG000; N3, N5, N9

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

2 comments: