1/03/2023

Two Challenge Tuesday

Happy New Year!!! I took some time off over the holidays but I'm back for the new year with more challenges.

My first challenge is for the color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. Before I get to the colors I have an update on the challenge. We will be going to an bi-weekly challenge with the color challenge the first Tuesday and the sketch challenge on the third Tuesday. Those months that have a fifth Tuesday will have the double challenge as before. We hope this gives more people time to participate!

And now, the colors this week are Cherry Cobbler, Granny Apple Green and Blackberry Bliss.

Yes this is Cherry Cobbler - stamped off once. My ink pad is fairly old and I think it may have gone bad but I did the best I could with it. And the Blackberry is there in the rhinestone; it's just difficult to distinguish it from black.

My second card is for the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge - Early Espresso, Sweet Sorbet and Mint Macaron with something sweet for dessert.

I pulled out an oldie but goodie stamp set and punch. I kept things CAS but wanted a bit of color around the edges so I added the plaid. I'm trying to use old sets in new ways and not buy so much stuff this year. But old sets can look dated. In this case when I tried the panel against a dotted background it really did look like something from 2011. I think the plaid looks a bit more current.

I hope you will join us in one or both challenges this week!

Products used:

  • Card 1: Stamps - MFT Mod Birds and Spring Songbirds
  • Card 2: Stampin' Up! Create A Cupcake, Simon Says Stamp Large Scalloped Rectangle dies

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love the use of the Blackberry Bliss as your outline color! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable Jeanne! Both cards are gorgeous, but I especially love that cute chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quirky bird Jeanne and the cupcake too - a perennial favourite!

    ReplyDelete