1/30/2023

Wood You Be Mine?

I've posted Valentine's Day cards this month (and will be posting more later this week). My previous ones were for friends but this one is for my husband. I got this Lawn Fawn set of beavers because it was just so dam cute! (Pun intended.)


I decided to use it for this week's Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers - Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana and Crumb Cake. I knew right away I would use the Crumb Cake as a background for the beavers.  The real challenge for me was that in terms of value, all three of these colors are very similar.  Not a lot of contrast in black and white. To remedy that I reversed out one of my large XOXOs and placed it in the center. In doing this it came to the front and the others receded. It also helped the beavers stand out.

I colored the beavers with Copic markers and heat embossed the sentiment on Early Espresso cardstock.  Dessert this week is our "favorite embellishment." I'm not sure that this hear is my favorite....but I do like enamel dots of any kind!

Products used:

  • Stamps / Dies: Lawn Fawn Wood You Be Mine
  • Dies: Lawn Fawn Giant XO and Stitched Woodgrain Backdrop
  • Markers: Copics - E30, E31, E33, E34, E35, E37; Stampin' Blends Poppy Parade
  • Cardstock: Coastal Cabana, Basic White, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Mini Heart Enamel dots, White Embossing Powder

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment