3/01/2022

Watercolor Wash Background for Die Cuts

Happy Tuesday!  I have the pleasure of being the host this month at CAS Colours & Sketches.  I love being the host because I get to choose the colors and make the sketches, but it is also a bit nerve wracking.  After all, when it's my challenge I had better have some thoughts on what to make!  Which I confess is not always the case.

I picked soft spring colors for my first challenge.  I used the re-inkers for the colors to create a wash background for a die cut.


 

I lightly drew the square outer edge of the die in pencil on a piece of mixed media paper so I would know where to make my wash.  Using my flower as a guide I started with the Flamingo in the lower left and went up from there so my green would serve as a "background" for my flower.

I hope you'll join us this week at CC&S!

Products used:

  • Die: Simon Says Stamp Cosmo Flower Frame
  • Stamp: Stampin' Up! Flowing Flowers

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

 

post signature

5 comments: