3/22/2022

CAS Slimline Cards

Happy Tuesday!  I'm the host at the CAS Colours & Sketches sketch challenge this week and my sketch is a slimline or mini slimline card.  I love this format because it offers lots of possibilities for design.  What I didn't think about was that for a CAS card there's a LOT of real estate there and it can be hard to fill without being overdone or looking like it's just bare.

So I made two cards.  This card is actually my second one.

I recently purchased a layering stencil and die set from Diamond Press and decided to give it a whirl.  It was easy to use although I have one tip.  One the stencils with very thin pieces, tended to move with my blending brush so I had to hold it down.  In the future I'll use either Pixie Spray to hold down the stencil or a sponge dauber to dab on the ink.  That's a bit gentler way to apply.

This is the first card that I made.  I combined it with the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers - Magenta Madness, Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral.  I like this card but it just lacks something to me.

I'm actually happy I wasn't thrilled with it because that led me to using the layering stencils.  I need a bit more practice and I only have the one set, but can see some fun possibilities.

Products Used:

  • Card 1: Diamond Press Flutter Stencil/Stamp/Die Kit, Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strip, Cottage Cutz Stitched Slimline Rectangle dies, ink - Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Black
  • Card 2: Stampin' Up! Pierced Blooms Dies, TSOL Slimline Sentiments Dies, Cottage Cutz Stitched Slimline Rectangle dies

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Both beautiful Jeanne but those butterflies are the clear winner for me too - I like the contrast between the flowing wings of the butterfly and the block-type sentiment. Great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful Jeanne!!! I love the colours of the butterflies though!

    ReplyDelete