3/08/2022

Fast Track Friends Sketch Challenge

Today is my first sketch challenge of March at CAS Colours & Sketches.  Part of the sketch is using a non-geometric shape as the focal point.  For my card I used this adorable little racer from My Favorite Things.

 

I colored my image with Copics.  The "checkered flag" side panel is stenciled.  I free hand drew the number 1 on the car front.  I didn't have anyone in mind for this card so I thought number 1 would work for everyone.  This could easily be changed to the recipient's age.

I am also entering this in the NBUS (never-been-used-schtuff) challenge.  I have SO many stamps and supplies that I've never touched after purchasing I think I could craft for 10 years without buying another thing!  My NBUS on this card is the stamp set.  I bought it awhile ago because the theme (racing) was unique and I didn't have anything like it.  And that may be why I haven't used it before - I have no one to give a racing card to.  Now I have some great-nephews; I hope they like cars!

I hope you will join us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week for the sketch challenge!

Products used:

  • Stamps: MFT Fast Track Friends
  • Dies: Cottage Cutz Hills Slimline
  • Stencil: MFT Small Checkerboard
  • Ink: Distress Oxide Black Soot
  • Copic markers: N4, N5, N8, N9, Y13, Y18, Y19, R22, R24, R27, R29, B21, B23, B24, E31, E33, E34, E35, E37, BG0000

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and interpretation of the sketch and a great way to use your NBUS - thanks for sharing with us this month

    Kathyk
    NBUS Guest DT member for March

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this great fun sketch, Jeanne! And I love your super cute take on it. This little racer is absolutely adorable, it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Jeanne - such a clever way to use the road for the panel split and I love the checkered stencilling too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of a single grown adult male who wouldn't love this card, too, Jeanne! Men never get tired of cars and/or racing, do they? I think your coloring really brought this adorable image to life and I think using the checkered stencil and wavy dividing line is genius design! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! (So many of us are in that 10-years'-of-schtuff boat ... but, darn if I didn't order a new sediment set today! I mean, sediments? Aren't 2,000 sediment stamps enough already?!😄) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete