11/25/2021

Sweetest Season

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope everyone is having a delicious day!  I had a "sweet" card for you on Tuesday and today I have an even "sweeter" one.

I'm the board designer at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week and I hope I have a fun board for you.  I love all things gingerbread so I created a board that would be perfect for that theme, but also fun if you wanted to do something else.

My card fits a couple of the lines but I officially chose the right column down - gingerbread, embossing and plaid. (See also - gingerbread, holiday, sparkle)

I have a TON of gingerbread themed stamps.  So I used a set that I've had awhile but never used. I was going to color with it Copics but eventually decided to heat emboss the image in white on kraft cardstock and do minimal coloring with Prismacolor pencils.

I used plaid paper in the upper corner and some ribbon.  Not one to tie bows, I opted to scrunch up the middle of the ribbon and add a button instead.  The bottom corner looked a bit bare so I dangled a gingerbread man and holly embellishment from the corner of the house.  While I didn't give my stamped gingerbread boy gumdrop buttons I did give him rhinestone buttons!

I hope that you'll find time to join us  this week and that you have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Yummy Christmas
  • Dies: Stampin' Up! Cuckoo Clock, Stitched Triangles, Stitched with Whimsy
  • Pencils: Prismacolors - 938, 1082, 916, 923, 1005
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! White Frayed Ribbon, Gingerbread Trinkets and Red Rhinestones, unknown button
  • Paper: Stampin' Up! Gingerbread & Peppermint, Kraft
Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

2 comments:

  1. This is such a precious card, the colors you have used and the design creates such freshness with your gingerbread house. Your background in Art shows beautifully in your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to subscribe, even by copying and pasting the link...it wouldn't let me

    ReplyDelete