12/06/2021

Sweet Sugarplums

I had the pleasure of being the hostess for Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge for the week of November 29.  The fun thing about being the hostess - using colors you love.  The no-so-fun thing - using colors you love!  Sometimes it's just easier when someone else makes the choices for you; then you really have to think outside the box.  And sometimes when it's your choice there are too many options!


 

Fresh Freesia, Just Jade, Misty Moonlight, Soft Sea Foam

This week was one of those weeks.  I had lots of ideas. But I narrowed it down to this Stamping Bella Oddball.  I just LOVE those Oddballs.  I did not love them when they first came out, but the more I see them the more I love them.

For this little fairy I did several quick flat colorings to decide hair color vs dress etc.  I asked my husband what he thought and he asked if she was supposed to be scary.  When I said "no", he said "definitely the one with the green hair."  Apparently Misty Moonlight hair is scary!

I colored her first with Stampin' Blends and Copic to color match.  Both greens are used to color her hair.  After I was pleased with the marker base layer, I added the Prismacolor pencils to enhance the details.  Finally I added Wink of Stella to her wand and skirt along with sequins for more sparkle.  A fairy needs sparkle after all!


Products used:
  • Stamps: Stamping Bella Oddball Sugar Plum Fairy
  • Dies: MFT Scalloped Stitched Rectangles, MFT Snowflakes
  • Paper: Stampin’ Up! Penguin Playmates, Misty Moonlight, Glitter paper
  • Markers: Stampin’ Blends Just Jade Light & Dark, Soft Sea Foam Light & Dark, Fresh Freesia Light & Dark; Copics V000, V01, BG0000, B91, B93, B95, B97, E50, E51, E11, N0, N1
  • Pencils: Prismacolors 938, 934, 995, 901, 1079, 1024, 908, 120, 1020
  • Accessories: Pretty Pink Posh Lavender Moon, Wink of Stella
Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment