12/07/2021

Tweet Songbirds

I have two cards for you today!  The hostesses at two different color challenges chose similar colors so I chose to make similar cards.  Actually there is only one color that overlaps but it was enough with the rest of the colors for me to think of them together.  I had two stamp sets that coordinate so decided to use those - My Favorite Things Songbirds.  I have the Winter and Spring versions.  I don't know if they have Summer and Fall but I really love these little birds.

My first card is for CAS Colours & Sketches.  Patricia's colors this week are So Saffron, Mint Macaron and Cherry Cobbler.  At first the cherry threw me off as it's pretty bright compared to the others but it makes for a lovely little red bird!

The second card is for Karen's colors at Splitcoaststampers - Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron and Crumb Cake.  The spring birds make adorable little "sparrows."

Both are colored using a combination of Stampin' Blends and Copic markers to match the colors.  I used Prismacolor pencils over the maker to blend out and add a little detail.

Sorry, I don't have the marker and pencil colors written down.  With the markers I try to match the lightest of the Stampin Blends with a Copic and then use a lighter Copic marker in the same number range as my lightest marker.  I find Stampin" Up! doesn't make a light enough "light" marker for a great blend.  If there is no Stampin Blend in the color I match my Copic to a cardstock piece.  As for the pencils - I just choose the color by eye.  I love using pencils because they are "what you see is what you get" when you look at the lead color! 

Products used:

  • Stamps: MFT Winter Songbirds, Spring Songbirds
  • Dies: Cottage Cutz Stitched Circles, Scalloped Stitched Circles, Stampin' Up! Penned Flowers Dies
  • Paper: Basic White, SU Birthday Bouquet, Bird Ballad

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

3 comments: