12/14/2021

A Milestone Challenge Card

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I was a bit out of pocket last week and didn't post much.  I was in Hawaii.  And after almost two years of not being able to visit the office, I went the week of torrential rain...of course.  Oh well - a good portion of my time was spent looking at the four walls of my office there anyway.  So does it really matter if I had nice or foul weather?  Probably not.

Now on to this week's card.

CAS Colours & Sketches is celebrating its 450th challenge this week!  WOW!  To celebrate they have prizes and are leaving the challenge open a bit longer than usual.  The challenge is to take any challenge from 2021 and make it seasonal.

I opted for two challenges - a color and a sketch - which is allowed.  After traveling all week this made creating go a bit faster this weekend since my colors AND layout were decided for me.  


 

I always enjoy non-traditional color Christmas cards.  The colors from challenge 431 worked perfectly because I could make my kitty gray and the stocking the berry and blue.  I changed the sketch slightly by putting the kitty and stocking on top of the sentiment panel instead of behind it.  I also added two panels of the Rich Razzleberry under the panel for a bit of color.  To give the background a bit of texture I used an embossing folder.  These are just a few ways to give interest to a CAS card while still keeping it clean and simple.

I hope you will join us for this week's challenge!  We love seeing all that you create!

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Sweet Little Stockings
  • Dies: Stampin' Up! Stockings Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends Rich Razzleberry Light & Dark, Balmy Blue Light & Dark, Smoky Slate Light & Dark; Copics N0 (for a very light Smoky Slate)
  • Cardstock: Basic White, Rich Razzleberry
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder; Christmas Trinket

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'




post signature

1 comment: