11/23/2021

Sweet Season

This week's card came together at the last minute.  I looked at the sketch and thought I might just use a strip of patterned paper with a sentiment but then came across this stamp set as I was looking for a set for another challenge.  I love gingerbread as a Christmas theme and I have even done a whole tree in nothing but gingerbread ornaments.  And while this isn't exactly gingerbread, it fits the whole candy / cookie / sweet Christmas theme.

I stamped the strip longer than the length of the card and trimmed it to fit.  I used the red around the edges to make it stand out a bit and heat embossed the sentiment in white.  Finally I added a few red rhinestones for some sparkle.

I hope you join us this week!

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Candy Cane Christmas
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Basic White, Real Red
  • Ink: Real Red, Cucumber Crush
  • Accessories: Red Rhinestones

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love this card so much Jeanne! The festive design you've made in your strip is fabulous and I like the way you edged it with red and made the rhinestones part of the design. The kraft card base adds to the gingerbread feel and I love the appropriate sentiment too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is still one of my favourite sets too Jeanne - isn't it great when you go on a rummage for something and rediscover an old favourite?! I just love this simple strip with its bright colours interspersed with red rhinestones and using a kraft base adds to the gingerbread feel. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete