5/12/2021

Double Dare Sketch Challenge

It's the second Tuesday of the month and that means a Double Dare for the Sketch Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  Participants can choose to use the sketch as is or make it into an interactive or fun fold alternative.  I have chosen the interactive version - I LOVE interactive cards.

 Here is the sketch.  The card is called a Swing Easel card and instructions can be found here.
I'm proud that I actually followed the instructions and hand cut the card.  I have several dies that will make this type of card (or one very similar) but I wanted to take the dare and make this the "old-fashioned" way.  I had fun although I admit the first time I cut the swinging square, I did it backwards and had to start over!
This type of card can be decorated in an infinite variety of ways.  I decided to use one of my favorite current Stampin' Up! sets, Nothing's Better Than.  It features four of my favorite "C"s - coffee, cocktails, chocolate and cookies!  I have made cards with the first three Cs and wanted to make one with the fourth.  (I have links to the other cards above.)
While visiting a friend last week, she insisted I take home some homemade chocolate chip cookies.  She told me she makes a batch every week because her husband loves them (and they don't need all the calories.)  I can't wait to give her this card!

For me, this is one of the best sets Stampin' Up! has come out with in awhile.  It can have a modern or a retro vibe and the sentiments are super fun.  Very versatile for any lover of the four "C"s!

Products used:

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment