I have a super simple set of cards for you today! It started with the color challenges at Splitcoatstampers and CAS Colours & Sketches. The colors that both hostesses picked are very similar and come from the Subtles collection of colors at Stampin' Up!. I decided to use a brand new stamp and die set that I purchased mostly because I love the dies. They did not disappoint. They make very fresh, modern looking cards!
It was super easy to make multiples of these. The squares with cut out designs can be left one solid color or you can add the flowers in contrasting colors by using the corresponding flower dies. It is easy to run both the squares and flowers through the die cutter at the same time.
CAS Colours & Sketches colors - Highland Heather, Soft Sea Foam and Blushing Bride.
Splicoaststampers Color Challenge colors - Mint Macaron, Pool Party and So Saffron.
For each set, three passes through my Cut & Emboss gave me three combinations of flowers and squares to play with. I then just had to pick my background paper based on the third color from the challenge. The background paper is cut in 1 3/4 inch squares.
The white panels are standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card fronts that are given a bit of edge interest using the Stitched with Whimsy dies. These dies just add stitching, they do not cut out a panel. I used my Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment in the same place on each card front.
After designing my initial card (that always takes a little while) it only took about 20 minutes to make the rest of the cards!
Products used: (All are Stampin' Up!)
- Stamps and dies (save when you buy the stamps and dies together): All Squared Away Bundle
- Stamps only: All Squared Away
- Dies: Floral Squares (dies only), Stitched with Whimsy
- Cardstock: Subtles collection (each color can also be purchased individually), Basic White, Basic White Thick
- Paper: Subtles Designer Series Paper (I used a combination of the new collection and retired paper I had on hand)
- Accessories: Stamparartus, Stampin' Cut & Emboss, Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Thanks for visiting today! Click here
to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an
email to verify your address - don't forget this step). Follow me on
Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'