2/23/2021

Wild About You

Hi everyone!  I'm a bit late with my post today but life got in the way this past weekend and there was barely enough time to make cards let alone write and schedule a blog post.  So this will be quick.

This card is for the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.  It is Julie's last week this month and she gave us a fun sketch.
Recently, I've been remounting old wooden mount stamps as cling mount, and I had just done this set.  I thought the two pine trees would work great for the sketch, but it needed a bit more so I added the bear.

I would not have tried this layout before I remounted the stamps.  I used my MISTI so I could stamp the images a few times each.  I find solid stamps often don't stamp very well when stamped just once. I also was able to mask off the bear and then position the trees where I wanted by stamping on an acetate sheet.  I used the sheet to cover my bear panel and when the trees looked like they were where I wanted them I removed the sheet and stamped them on the actual card.

The sentiment is from another old set that I remounted.  You may be seeing a lot of "retro" cards soon!

 

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Happy Camper; Wild About You
  • Ink: Mossy Meadow, Chocolate Chip
  • Cardstock / Paper: Very Vanilla, Echo Park patterned paper

 

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Jeanne I love the woodland feel of your card with the patterned paper frame and your bear is the perfect addition to turn your trees into a little scene. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have many wood mounted stamps but you're inspiring me to go through my stash. I love your take on the sketch and the DP is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete