2/09/2021

Hey Girlfriend

Happy Tuesday!  Time for a sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.  Julie gave us a fun sketch this week and I decided to make a Valentine card.  

Here is the sketch:

I was not super impressed with this stamp set in Stampin' Up!'s new spring mini catalog and had no intention of purchasing.  After seeing cards that were made with the images I became intrigued by the skirt on this girl and I really like the hands heart.  It grew on me.  So with my last order I ordered this with Hostess dollars.  (That's not even real money is it?  LOL!)

I'm so please with how this turned out.  I used markers and Prismacolors to color it.  This reminded me quite a bit of Stamping Bella images and those images are at the top of my "fun to color" list!

I'm now excited to color the other images in the set.  And as bonus that I did not see until I got this in my hands - the dog is from the retired Bella and Friends and the cat matches Pretty Kitty!

Products used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Hey Girlfriend
  • Dies: Well Written, Layer Ovals, Be Mine
  • Markers: Copics - N0, N1, N2, N3, E34, E39, E29, BG0000, R30, RV52; Stampin' Blends - Flirty Flamingo, Lovely Lipstick; Spectrum Noir Tri-Blends Fair Skin, Tan
  • Accessories: Subtle Embossing Folder

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'
post signature

5 comments:

  1. What a demure young miss! I like her heart hands too Jeanne :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white on white - clever way to use the sketch! Your girl has been perfectly coloured and the paper is the perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog post made me chuckle Jeanne - it's almost as if you are reading my mind having thought exactly the same about this stamp set (and I'm in total agreement re hostess rewards too lol!) Your card puts it another step closer to my shopping basket - I love the hand-heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she looks a bit sassy as well as sweet and LOVE that kitty! Cute card Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete