Ever have one of those cards that seems to take WAY more time than it should? My card this evening is one of those. It’s for the color challenge (Petal Pink, Poppy Parade and White) at Splitcoaststampers so the color choices were fixed. First I couldn’t decide on the stamp set. My first thought was the new set Mini Meows from My Favorite Things but I had at least 4 other sets on my desk that I looked at, thought about, and played around with. And I finally ended up using Mini Meows. Sigh.
Then it was design. Again, I just couldn’t come up with what I wanted. As I do when I need inspiration I checked out the MFT website and Pinterest. I saw a similar design and coloring of the cats so I used those as my starting point. I hit on making this a shaker card, that's where everything clicked and from there the process went fairly quickly (at least as fast as a shaker card can go.)
- Stamps and dies: MFT Mini Meows
- Dies: MFT Photo Booth Strip, MFT Basic Stitched Edges 2
- Markers: Copic W1, Stampin’ Blend Petal Pink Light
- Card stock / Paper: Whisper White, Subtles DSP (retired)
- Accessories: Stampin’ Up! From My Heart Faceted Gems