11/07/2023

Season's Tweetings!

Happy Tuesday! We've got a great color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. One that can be used for the holidays or not. I chose to go holidays. I've thought about sending out all the random cards I've made throughout the years rather than try to make Christmas cards this year. Although, since Thanksgiving is on the 23rd this year there is slightly more time between turkey day and Christmas I may make new ones... 


I added a neutral brown for the wood and black. My string of lights should have been two die cuts but I used a black Copic to color the string - much easier! I also used Wink of Stella on the roof snow to add some sparkle.

I have found that I am really getting into die cut cards recently. I think there are several reasons for this:

  • First I have SO MUCH cardstock and paper that I would like to use it up. I no longer save all those itty bitty scraps! It has to be at least 3 x 3for me to save.
  • Second, die cut cards usually go faster than cards I color. I say "usually" because if there are a lot of small pieces then they can take a while. But I also usually have leftover pieces which I save with the dies. And it has happened that I've gone to make a card and had everything I need already cut!
  • And lastly, it is really hard for me to give away my hand colored cards. They can take so much time! Especially Stamping Bella and My Favorite Things images as they tend to be larger and/or more detailed others. Cards that I color only go to people that I know will keep them. The thought of someone tossing the image I spent hours coloring really bothers me. (I know it shouldn't but it does.) Die cut cards are easy to recreate. In fact, once you've made one you can assembly line more.

So there you have my reasons that I've been doing more die cuts. All that said, I will probably decide to start coloring a whole lot more next year. I am very driven to create whatever happens to be "singing" to me at the time! Case in point, yesterday I did my first colored card in months.

I'm also entering this in the following challenges:

Products used:

  • Dies: Lawn Fawn Build-a-Birdhouse and Winter Add-on
  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn Winter Birds
  • Accessories: Wink of Stella

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature


3 comments:

  1. I love the addition of the brown to this colour palette. Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card, and fabulous die cuts!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth and Triple B!
    Diane POE and TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful colour combo! Your card is just stunning, Jo x

    ReplyDelete