11/21/2023

Peppermint Twist

Our final sketch for 2023 at CAS Colours & Sketches! Next month we have a special challenge for you.

 

I love the sketch that Nancy gave us. It offers so many possibilities.

I used some brand new dies from My Favorite Things and paired it with one of my favorite Christmas embossing folders from Simon Says Stamp. Christmas candy is always so much fun (and tasty!).

For me the hardest part was embossing the sentiment. I really don't have any problems with heat embossing it just seems like a lot of work. But sometimes nothing beats a white sentiment on dark paper. This wouldn't have looked the same in red ink on white. And white ink doesn't cut it for me - so...heat embossing.

I hope you will join us in the challenge this week!

I am also entering this in the Peace on Earth Challenge.

Products used:

  • Dies: MFT Sweet Sticks Holiday
  • Stamps: MFT Sweet Holiday Words
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Lovely Labels Punch, Simon Says Stamps 3d Twirling EF

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE how you interpreted my sketch! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Jeanne! Love the candy canes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I like the embossing backdrop a lot and it fits so well to the candy canes.
    Lia DT POE

    ReplyDelete