11/06/2023

Christmas Mischief

I have the pleasure of being the hostess this week for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers. I chose Polished Pink, Granny Apple Green and Balmy Blue with Anything Goes for dessert.


 

I love pink and green as a Christmas alternative to red and green. I added the blue as I wanted to use one of the plaids in this great My Favorite Things paper pad. As it turns out I chose one without the blue.

I could not resist using these playful pups again. I've used each of these stamps before but they really remind me of my two new puppies - Duke and Buffy. My pups are Shih Tzus and the stamp for Buffy (pink hat) is very Shih Tzu like. The other has a bit too long of ears for a Shih Tzu but this dog in the string of lights is totally my Duke! He is full of it - a real little stinker! I thought about trying to mask the stamp and draw in new ears but I just didn't have time.

I used Copics to create the fur and think he looks a bit shaggy. The pinks are hard to match and the SU blend looks nothing like Polished Pink in my opinion so I went with my own combo. I used the RV 10-14 markers but felt there just wasn't enough blue in the color so I overlayed RV02, 06 & 09. It did help tone down some of the neon orange-ish color. As I said, pinks are hard with markers. I just don't like many of the colors that are currently produced.

For my Anything Goes option I made a shaker card. I wanted to add a border to the card so I used a large scallop rectangle to create a panel. I felt the base needed some interest as did the back of the shaker so I used a retired embossing folder (Subtle) to give the cardstock just a bit of texture. I also felt that the plaid needed a little color around the edges so I stacked two layers of Polished Pink cardstock underneath the scalloped panel.

I hope you've enjoyed my card today. To see my other cards using this set click here and here. I have also entered this in the following challenges:

Products used:

  • Stamps/Dies: My Favorite Things Happy Pawlidays
  • Dies: MFT Stitched Dome and Stitched Dome Frames STAX; TSOL Large Scalloped Rectangles
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends Granny Apple Green and Balmy Blue Light & Dark; RV10, RV13, RV14, RV02, RV06, RV 09, E30, E31, E55, E37, N0, N2, N4, N8
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Subtles EF and Enamel Dots, Pretty Pink Posh Sequins - Clear, Ballerina Pink, Cornflower

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I am a dog lover (got a dachshound) and these cuties are steeling my heart...!! What a lovely card.
    Lia DT POE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shakers and yours is so adorably CUTE, those little pups stole my heart!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure and Peace On Earth!
    Diane CYHTP and POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute puppy stamps, just love your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete