8/02/2022

Parrot Birdhouse Easel Card

Happy Tuesday!  I have a fun card for you today that is part of a theme this month.  After looking at the colors for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers I've decided to make all my cards follow a certain theme just for fun (and to make it a little more challenging for me.)

Barbara's colors this week are Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana and Black with Birds as dessert.  I had made a similar card which I LOVED as a sample for The Stamps of Life to use on HSN.  I couldn't make the exact same card because of the color constraints and I wanted to make something I can use as decoration for the summer.  And so this card was born!

For the card base and birdhouse I started with a top fold A2 card and cut the front panel so it is only 2 3/4 inches wide.  I scored it at 2 3/4 to get the fold for the easel.  I wanted a leafy background so I used Distress Oxide inks in Coastal Cabana and Mossy Meadow equivalents with the Palm Leaf stencil to create my own patterned paper.  I antiqued the edges with black and glued a square to the thin front panel and a full size panel inside of the card.

I used the shadow die on the fold and cut it to one story using a straight edge and X-acto knife following the lower story roof edge.  From there it was just a matter of only using the bottom half of the birdhouse die.  The house "siding" is stenciled with the Sea Wave stencil.  The sign is hand cut.

One nice thing about color challenges - you can get all kinds of colors by blending the ones in the challenge.  I got a wide variety of greens by combining the Coastal Cabana and Mossy Meadow (an allowed neutral)  The hibiscus leaves are actual the blue cardstock inked with the green!

Finally, I colored my parrot with Copic markers I color matched and then went over with Prismacolor pencils.

I hope you've enjoyed my card today!  Check back for next Tuesday's installment of my "secret" theme for August.

Products used:

  • Stamps: The Stamps of Life Morebirds2stamp, Tropical2stamp
  • Dies: TSOL Birdhouse Fold-It, Tropical dies, Flowers
  • Stencils: TSOL Sea Wave, Palm Leaf
  • Cardstock: White, Black, Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana, Mossy Meadow
  • Ink: Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana, Mossy Meadow; Distress Oxides - Black Soot, Hickory Smoke, Tumbled Glass (Coastal Cabana), Forrest Moss (Mossy Meadow)
  • Copic Markers: RV10, RV13, RV14, BG10, BG11, BG13, N0, N01, N02
  • Prismacolor Pencils: Greys - 1050, 1051, 1054; Pink -  929, 994; Blue - 905, 992, 105
  • Accessories: Loose Flower Flourishes, 2021-2023 In-Color Jewels, Wink of Stella

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete