8/08/2022

Fins to the Left, Fins to the Right

Happy Tuesday! Here is my second card for my mystery theme this month.  This one may be more obvious than last week's card - at least for fans of a certain musician!  The colors are from the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week - Bermuda Bay, Fresh Freesia and Basic Grey with die cuts for dessert.


This fun 3D scene will fold flat to A2 size.  I used The Stamps of Life Fold-a-Scene die for the background but really that wasn't necessary.  I could have just measured and scored.  I do like the die set though because it has panels and the scene builder pieces for across the front and the inside.  I just did not use them here.

The girl and sharks are colored with Copic markers.  I used two of TSOL's Little Peeps - one for the girl and one for her bathing suit which I added by masking.  The sets come with dies so you could just cut everything out separately and the clothes by gluing on top - like paper dolls!  I think that is why I like the Little Peeps series; it takes me back to my childhood.

The sky and sea ocean are stenciled in the Distress Oxide equivalents of Fresh Freesia and Bermuda Bay.   I find they blend so easily I hate using any other ink with stencils.  The palms trees in the background are part of the fold a scene beach set add-ons and are also colored with DO ink, applied with eye shadow brushes.

Products used: The Stamps of Life unless other wise noted

  • Stamps/dies: Little Peeps Katie, Little Peeps Kirstin, Shark Pudgie
  • Dies: Fold-a-Scene, Fold-a-Scene Beach Add On
  • Markers: SU Blends Fresh Freesia Light & Dark, Bermuda Bay Light; Copic: RV52, BG11, BG23; Skin - E00, E21, E34, R20; Hair - YR31, YR24, E55, E35; Sharks - N0, N1, N2, N3, N4, N5
  • Ink: Distress Oxide Milled Lavender, Peacock Feathers, Forest Moss, Vintage Photo
  • Stencils: MFT Make Waves, Lawn Fawn Slimline Cloudy

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment