3/03/2020

Lucky for a Friend Like you

Happy March!  Today I start my month as hostess on the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge blog!  For the first challenge of the month I chose some colors that I thought could be used for St Patrick's Day.  Although my card isn't specific to St. Patrick's Day I did want to give it that feel.
The colors for this week's challenge are:
https://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2020/03/challenge-360-colors.html
Pink and green is one of my favorite colors combinations ever since childhood.  I wasn't sure about the combo of the Shaded Spruce and Soft Sea Foam, but I really love how they look together!

For this card I colored a Stamping Bella stamp with alcohol markers (Stampin' Blends and Copic markers) combined with Prismacolor pencils on top.

I usually color a stamped image very quickly to get an idea of what color I want where in the image.  This time I just needed one try but sometimes I may do this three or four times.  Although it takes a bit of paper, it has saved me numerous times from putting in a lot of coloring effort only to decide I made the wrong color choice.
 This is my colored image (newly stamped, not the one above) with just markers.
After coloring with the markers I added the pencils:
The pencils can really add quite a bit of depth to the image.
I know that there are those who can add just as much detail with the markers alone, but I really enjoy using the pencils and find I have more control.  Slowly building up the color with the pencils is something I find incredibly relaxing! To note though, once you start laying down the pencil, you cannot add more marker, so be sure you are happy with the marker.

Stamps: Stamping Bella Flowery Gnome, My Favorite Things Whimsical Greetings
Markers: Stampin' Blends Shaded Spruce Light & Dark, G00; Stampin' Blends (for the Blushing Bride) Pink Pirouette Light & Dark, RV0000; Stampin' Blends Soft Sea Foam Light & Dark, YG63; E50, E00, E11, T0, T1, T2
Prismacolor Pencils: Shaded Spruce 907, 909, 920, 901; Blushing Bride 928, 1089, white; Soft Sea Foam 928, 1089, white; skin 928, 939; other used Warm Greys 10%, 20%; Cool Greys 50%, 70%, 90%; Black

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Your coloring is amazing. So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The difference between the before and after adding the coloured pencils is amazing. You are obviously an expert at colouring! I love this card ... and image ... so much. It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image and I'm a great fan of Copic Markers. Beautifully executed xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your coloring!!!!! Love, Love, Love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Jeanne! Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this knome hiding in the flowers, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Your coloring is amazing! Love the idea of doing a test run with the colors...I really should start that (and adding pencil details...so much to learn).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had as much patience with coloring as you appear to have! :) You've done a fabulous job with this gnome!

    ReplyDelete