2/12/2019

Love Birds

It's getting close to Valentine's Day and the sketch challenge at CAS Colour & Sketches features a sketch this week that is just perfect for it.
Here is the sketch:
This card came together very quickly.  I had in my mind a totally different card using only die cuts.  Then I was organizing a bit in my craft area when I found this stamp and die set that I forgot I had.  And it is PERFECT for this challenge!  The die set even had the two smaller hearts! So on to "Plan B."

I toyed with making the birds brighter colors - more parrot like - but opted to use softer colors that could be for Valentine's  Day.  This would also be a great wedding or anniversary card.


I colored the birds with a combo of Copics and Stampin' Blends.  I used the heart dies to cut out the hearts on a white panel and then used the same dies to cut out and inlay the image and colored hearts, keeping my panel smooth. The sentiment has multiple layers of stacked cardstock under it to give dimension. 

Stamps and Dies: Newton's Nook Darling Duos
Markers: Stampin' Blends - Pink Pirouette Light & Dark, Mint Macaron Light & Dark; Copic markers - G0000, RV0000, YR30, YR31, E55, E57
Cardstock: Mint Macaron, Baked Brown Sugar, Powder Pink

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Love the birds nestled into the heart. Wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know the feeling of discovering something I forgot I had. The love birds are perfect for the heart shape. Have a lovely day! hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog and I'm really enjoyed to read your blog and your content is very motivated and helpful thanks for sharing it with us.
    http://bit.ly/2M1MiML

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya, Lengthy ago i observed your blog every single Search engines like google minor seeking similar to form of educative assist in addition versions shed light on beholds amazingly extraordinary many people feel. Amazon parrots for sale

    ReplyDelete