2/26/2019

Believe Card and Scan n Cut Tip

This Tuesday's sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches provided me with a few challenges.  First, it's a lovely sketch but it took me awhile to come up with an idea.  And getting the curves just right and symmetrical was a whole OTHER challenge.
Here is the sketch:
Ultimately, I used grid paper to align my panel with my curve die and it wasn't as tough as I anticipated to get the curves right.

I colored three unicorns thinking I would use all of three.  I planned on using my Scan 'n Cut to cut them out.  I got it for Christmas and I'm still getting comfortable using it.  Something about sending my art through a machine to be automatically cut makes me nervous.  The few times I've used it I've sent another uncolored, stamped only image through first to make sure I'm doing everything right.

Am I glad I did this time!  I learned that if you don't have your panel firmly stuck to the scanning mat it can move.  The first pass went through fine to scan but when the mat fed back into the machine to begin cutting, the panel moved and cutting was not where it should have been. Lesson learned - stick your artwork on really well!

It did cut my final artwork perfectly.  I decided to only use one unicorn so I had a few extras.  In a future post (see that here) you'll see what I did with those.... 

The background on this is stenciled with Distress Oxide ink.  I left the unicorn plain though I thought about adding some Wink of Stella to him.  I decided the glittery "Believe" was enough sparkle for today.

Stamps: Stamping Bella Unicorns
Die: Poppy Believe, MFT Clouds, MFT Stitched edges
Copics: YG21, YG23, BG11, BG13, BG07, RV52, RV55, RV19, C0, C00
Prismacolors: 1004, 989, 912, 992, 905, 105, 993, 994, 995, Cool Grey 20% & 30%
Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass
Stencil: MFT Small Clouds

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. This is really cute, love the unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Jeanne! Love the glitter sentiment. You'll have to report about the Scan n Cut - I've been thinking about one of those.

    ReplyDelete